Hey there! Paws Pet Care staff thought that you would like to have a recipe for a home-made treat for your little “pugkins” this Halloween. Of course, this treat isn’t only for the ‘pug’kins. All dogs will enjoy these spooky treats. And boo-nus, it’s super easy to prepare! This recipe makes six mini loaves.
- 1 ½ cups of flour
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of ginger
- ½ cup canola oil
- ¼ cup honey
- One 18 ounce can of pumpkin
- Two eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease and flour 6 aluminum mini bread pans
- Stir the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and ginger in a bowl and set aside
- Using a large bowl, stir the oil and honey
- Add the pumpkin and eggs to the bowl (one at a time), and stir to combine
- Stir in ¼ cup water, and add in the dry ingredients to the large bowl (mix until smooth)
- Fill the bread pans 2/3 full
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
- Cool to room temperature…then you are ready to serve treats to your little monster!
Tip: Store in airtight container for up to five days. You can also wrap the treats up and freeze them for two months or more. Make sure to thaw before serving.